Sunday, March 05, 2006

Mama Ball Says

Whew. Some of next year is now officially a done deal -- I am going back to Eastern to work with Carmela (and Janet, Gina and Doris), so that's now less to worry about. It didn't quite go over like a lead balloon at Central, but it was close. I still have to meet with the principal over at Riverside and see if I can get Jake in there for kindergarten, and I am still waffling over moving Sadie to the Riverside campus of Children's Day. Does the geography of having her closer translate into less actual stress, or is it really worth keeping her a little further away in a place where she's happy and knows the staff best??? I'm leaning toward keeping her where she is, as her class is a fantastic group (and the parents are normal) and the teachers she will have over the next couple years are all amazing people. The difficulty is coordinating the dropoffs and pickups if she is further away. It'll be a tough call if they actually have a space open up there in the class where she could go.
Kindergarten orientation for parents is (holy cow!) THIS Thursday the 9th at 3:30. I guess I have to try to go see what the scoop is even if I haven't spoken to the principal yet. Kindergarten orientation for Jake will be May 11. I printed the forms off Riverside's website that they say I should have for him -- can't do the health form until the summer when he's due for his annual. Eeeeewwww... it's the appointment with all the shots. I'm going to have to arrange to take him for that without Sadie and then take him for ice cream afterwards. Part of me can't believe he's almost big enough for kindergarten, and part of me says " 'Bout damn time!"
Steve took Jake with him to JFK this morning to pick up Terry, and while Steve went to go help Mike move furniture (their house is going to be under major renovations shortly so they are moving to a rental temporarily) I took Terry and the kids to Stop & Shop. Sadie didn't cooperate with napping, and ended up falling asleep much later than normal, so I just took the truck keys over to Terry and told him to go see Emma and not worry about waiting on us. Emma's supposed to come home tomorrow, and Terry's got Enterprise coming to pick him up to go get his rental car tomorrow morning, so they ought to be okay.
Lucille is doing okay at home for now -- we will see what comes next, but right now we are in a window where, while she is very frail and easily exhausted, she is still with it and managing to stay home with just partial day help. We are avoiding the oncologist at this point, but that, like everything else, will come to an end at some point.
Amazingly, I almost have the laundry all done this weekend. That never happens. Maybe I'll find the surface of the pool table in the basement tonight. It hasn't been seen since Steve moved it down there right next to the washer/dryer. ;) Holy crap -- my life really IS starting to come together!

No comments: