Wednesday, May 23, 2007

and what WILL tomorrow bring??

All set for the meeting tomorrow... finished my end of the year eval paperwork to take in, and this year I started with a top ten things that were great this year and top ten things that sucked about this year. That didn't quite work -- too many on each list. Switched "sucked" to "drove me crazy" just so the drones at personnel wouldn't redflag me right off the bat (as if that doesn't happen every year given what I write). I don't care. I'm tenured. Even though they had a lawyer come in to tell us how easy it is for the district to fire us (what a great staff development presentation THAT was), the reality is that people in my field with my experience, degrees and credentials are pretty damned hard to find. I have no problem saying exactly what I think -- because I know they won't fire me unless I steal shit, murder someone, or tell the superintendent to go fuck herself in nine kinds of graphic detail. Even then they'd probably decide I was ill and send me off to SilverHill for a nice couple months therapeutic vacation. Well, maybe not if it was theft, but I wouldn't do that. Mouthy, yes, larcenous, no. We'll see how the meeting goes.
There was homemade chocolate cake in the office today ... it was goooooooooooooooood. I skipped lunch yesterday so I rationalized it as part of my week. Let me hear a rousing, "riiiiiiiight."

No comments: