Saturday, June 28, 2008

Summertime is here

I've now had a full week off from work and only two phone calls from OFL. Not bad. DQ was home all week with me, and we did lots of shopping (got plenty of hair clips etc for wedding hair day, plus some on-sale clothes and shoes for her). We also went to the Bronx zoo and went for a camel ride together there. Got a great pic from the zoo folks! It was really cute. Hubby is off for the night camping with a bunch of guys in boats off Long Island somewhere, so munchkins and I are on our own tonight. Looks like popcorn and movies tonight as we went swimming over at FIL's earlier and they are now pretty tired. Next week will be the beginning of duck-and-chuck here as both kids are going to be in camp and day care, so I will be a relatively free woman for 4 days. Fri is FIL's birthday party, for which I am baking pies and then Sat is wedding day for FIL and GF, who will become step-mother-in-law (SMIL). Can't think of anything better to call her at the moment so am sticking to that until inspiration strikes.
Good news: Elizabeth comes this week to clean, so if I can get the place decluttered Mon and Tues there's a shot my house might actually be presentable to more than just the family this week.
It's hot today, and I have put off turning on the ACs about as long as I'm willing.

No comments: