Monday, June 09, 2008

HOT HOT HOT!

It's roasty toasty around the Hundred Acre Wood these days. More than half the building has no AC, and we hit 97 degrees by my truck's thermometer ( a little less than that officially but I think they cook the numbers myself). Tomorrow is supposed to be just as lovely.
I had scheduled an almost complete shutdown starting today, but with the heat we had five classes (100-120 kids plus teachers) per period coming into the media center. Drop the blinds, shut down half the lights, tell the kids to shut up so there's less hot air,and we should be good to go, yes? Normally, that's not a big deal -- just extra bodies and teachers, but we were supposed to be going into full-blown duck and chuck mode in preparation for packing up the joint.
Not so fast, Poindexter.
We got next to nothing done. I freaked out and sent an email to Betty Boop basically saying get me some professional help or I really will need professional help... and her response was that the principal should be calling a half day any time now. Like that fucking helps. I am down almost an entire packing day. OFL was more than a little pissed because I didn't tell him I was going to do that-- I just copied him on my rant and let it fly.
Busy, the custodial Havemeyer Dwarf, showed up for at least the third time for me to tell him I need help with packing and moving and at the very least I NEED BOXES, DAMMIT. I keep expecting him to show up with Happy, Grumpy and Doc. Sleazy, Asshole, Godfather, and Dopey we have already. Found out today that Frankenstein is on vacation until Friday. Who the hell takes a vacation UNTIL Friday? Arrrrgggh.
Had my year-end-meeting with OFL this afternoon after we muddled through the early dismissal at 1:15. Apparently I have now been there several years. Other than that, the only issue I had with him was that the last line read that he was so happy that I was going to supervise the media center renovations all summer and that meant he could focus on the gym. I blew a minor gasket and told him I better get paid for any time I got called in for that bullshit.
I don't think he thinks I'm serious.
I think he will by August.

No comments: