Sunday, June 29, 2008

shopping in po-cho

Went to the grocery store about noon after Hubby came home from camping with the fellas. I usually try to go before noon, but didn't happen today.
Today's entertainment was the woman who came in speaking Spanish, dressed in a half-safari outfit (pith helmet, khaki button down shirt and lime green cargo shorts and orange flipflops). She was carrying what looked like five or six Home Depot 2x3x8's over her shoulder and I could not for the life of me figure out why she was carting them up to the service desk at the Stop and Shop. Had milk and frozen stuff in the bags ready to go to the car, so didn't wait to find out what she was planning on constructing in the grocery store. Then leaving the parking lot, I spotted a nice looking family walking down the sidewalk, looked like they were dressed for church, until the ladies parted and the kid in front of them drifted to the rear of the group. He was wearing some kind of oompa-loompa outfit in bright neon orange, and there were wide horizontal stripes going across his ass that made him look about five times wider than I am sure he actually was. I was wondering what kind of problem he caused at home to be punished like this! When I get a download cord for my phone I swear I am going to start recording sightings like this.
Have gotten back into the reading groove, and have finished off several books in the last week. I've started posting reviews online along with a list of planned reads. I have a few more that I found at Diane's and Barnes and Noble that I haven't listed yet, but I'm getting there.
Am going to the Dormouse's for lunch tomorrow, and am planning to take peach shortcakes if I get them baked and ready between dropoffs, cleaning and lunchtime. Part of me wants to check in on the Hundred Acre Wood and part of me really doesn't want to have anything to do with the place.

No comments: