Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hundred Acre Wood Update

I miss Wonderland. Not the place necessarily, but my favorite characters, most of whom I went out to dinner with tonight. I had more fun .. need to do that more to ameliorate everything else in my life. Went to the Mirage Cafe in Port Chester, and it was absolutely delightful! The chocolate mousse and the bread pudding were SINFULLY good ... I should have just gotten one or both of those. I had a fish special that was out of this world, though. Next stop will be Coyote Flaco with the DR2B, the Dormouse and the Princess-- should ask them if we can invite Wonder Woman; miss her too. Have to attempt to get them for a Wednesday night since I don't have to teach on Thurs. so therefore a trip to margaritaville wouldn't be so bad. Either that or aim for a weekend -- Hubby has been out with the fellas so it would be a bit of equalization. Like the song says, "Girlfriends kick ass!"
The Hundred Acre Wood is coming along reasonably well given the structural roadblocks that have been thrown in our way by the district (ie budget cuts that mean we have ancient carpet for another year or more, and everything else will have to be held together with bubble gum and baling wire). The kids enjoy coming after school, and I think it's nice to have them chirping away doing homework and talking over things together for a while after school. Kanga gets a kick out of them too -- Eeyore gets a little more bent if the noise goes up and she doesn't think they are doing homework, but they don't seem to mind much when she goes off.
Fearless Leader Round 1: asked me yesterday to present to the two 6th grade parent coffees today. Not a big deal, but it sent Eeyore around the bend last night because she couldn't remember if she had to set anything up for first thing in the morning (no, I set it all up, but it took over 10 minutes to get her off the phone last night when I was trying to get the kids to bed).
FL Round 2: told me he was putting me on ShIT committee (School Improvement Team). Last time I got stuck with that I discovered that it was basically a forum for hyperinvolved parents to bitch and moan. Has it changed? Who knows -- guess I will find out. He OWES me. Like he doesn't already!
FL Round 3 will be the budget meeting next week where we ballpark what we need for next year. That should be fun given we've got a lowball amount for book $ recommendation from the district and I'll have to hit one out of the park to get more on that. I'm sure Eeyore will go ballistic and do the "why wasn't I invited to this?" crap again.
The Boy is very,very,very excited about going to Washington with me this weekend. The Dormouse is getting me the camera so we can take decent pictures from a distance of authors etc at the Book Festival, and we have a couple picked out to go listen to/see etc. We'll see what we accomplish! Actually, I think he is just excited to have room service in his near future. :)

No comments: