Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to Hubby, FIL, Curmudgeon, and UM ... along with all of our friends who are fathers or are going to become fathers.
We have 40-50 people coming to FIL's house this afternoon for a party, most of whom are GF's family whom we've never met. She assures me that they are just as dysfunctional as we are, therefore everyone should get along fine. Should be a hoot. FIL and GF were here for cocktails/dinner last night, and GF and I had mojitos. Yum.
Got some really good fruit at Costco yesterday, and when Hubby returns from errands (and brings me the butter and eggs I thought we had) I will make the pound cake to go with the berries for today. He smoked 18 pounds of pork yesterday, so we should have enough for a small army.
The last classes are done, the "student guide" website is finished, and Eeyore actually decided to pitch in and help with inventory by shelf reading for a couple hours in the afternoon, and holy crap! she actually threw out some ancient books from the stacks. I thought Kanga was going to fall over. I'm hoping to finish inventory Monday, run the reports and be done with it. I'm buying lunch on Tuesday for Beloved Blonde and the staff of the Hundred Acre Woods (sigh...and Eeyore too) as a thank you for all their hard work this year. Aux Delice is going to make money off me on Tuesday! I'm going to bake Monday night though -- something yummy, maybe another pound cake with fruit. I think I'm going to have to do something for Jake's teacher, too. If I get flowers for the lunch on Tues. maybe I'll just send him with some of those.

No comments: