Sunday, February 18, 2007

Vacation's FINALLY here

Vacation ... should bring palm fronds, steel drum music and those cute little umbrella drinks that get you slobberknockered in a hurry. Alas, it's not to be. I think the closest I will get to that is the 4-D SpongeBob experience at the Maritime Center's IMAX theater.

I have The Boy's favorite blonde bombshell coming for two days, and I'll be putting a coat on the more ridiculous parts of the MC those days. Other than that, I think I might take him into the city on Friday, maybe go to a museum or do something else fun for him. Took him to see Bridge to Terabithia Saturday, and we both liked it. We're now reading the book.

We finally have both kids healthy again, after the hat trick of colds/viruses that stampeded through our house over the course of the last 10 days or so. Not fun -- The Drama Queen still wasn't feeling well this morning, but was doing much better after naptime today... much more her usual self.

Got my book reviews up to date, and have gotten the pile knocked down a bit. I've also been mulling over the summer reading nonsense, and still haven't quite decided what to do.

FIL is in St Maarten with GF, UJ, the Don and AD. We will apparently be going to a wedding over Memorial Day weekend for the Don's son and his longtime girlfriend/fiancee who is expecting unexpectedly. Glad we're not in St. Maarten to hear about all that. It really doesn't bother me much -- they have been together so long that I figured we would have a wedding and babies from those two anyway. Seems to me they just are a tad out of order for the moment. It's a bit hard to take for the Don, I think, as he is pretty traditional (thus the nickname).

No comments: