Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The First Dry Day

Hurray, hurray (and for those of you who don't give a shit about toilet training, leave the blog now) for The Drama Queen, who had her very first full day of underwear and no accidents! Our little monster is getting to be quite the big girl. She's also the official subject of her teacher's semester-long observation project for her college course ... I laughed at that one and told Natacha I hoped her professor had a good sense of humor. We had to sign off on a two-page permission form for this! Anyway, it's good that DQ's finally got the underwear on and she appears to have gotten the hang of this pretty well. She did well over the weekend -- only a couple accidents. I've been dressing her in easy-up-and-down outfits: dress and tights or loose pants, so that helps as she can manage those on her own.
The Boy had a great time with his favorite blonde today, and is very much looking forward to spending the day with her tomorrow also. K and I got all the spaces primed today, and tomorrow we do a finish coat (hopefully one will do). We've tentatively planned to go out to lunch with Owl, OFL and The Boss, which should be fun as there will be liquids involved. ;) Guess that means I have to wear some makeup tomorrow, or at least bring enough to make me look decent for lunch. Promised K I would buy her lunch (and probably at least one drink also).
I think the MC is going to look much, much better when we're done. It's already a lot lighter and brighter, so I'm glad I did the bullheaded act to get this done.

No comments: