Monday, August 28, 2006

Mama Ball Says

It's been six days since my mother-in-law passed away. This has been one of the most difficult weeks of my life, and there's more to be done. I took today off work, and tomorrow also, just so I can get my sanity restored a little. I haven't been sleeping well at night for the last few weeks anyway, and this morning I went to see my favorite doc for three or four nights' assistance. I think I just need to get myself in the habit of sleeping through the night, or at least give myself a break of a few nights where I really sleep so I can make it through going back to work on Wednesday and Jake's first day of kindergarten.
I realized last Thursday night that, at 37, I have become the de facto matriarch of this family. I've seen the job. I don't think I want it, but I don't think I have much choice in the matter.

No comments: