Saturday, August 05, 2006

Mama Ball Says

Woo-hoo! Freya has returned from overseas, and has brought back a load of wonderful books, most of which we can't get yet here, like the new Artemis Fowl. I had three bags full to read,and I am really excited! I have to get busy on those. :) Book reviews will be forthcoming on those.
This week I read Caroline Cooney's latest, Hit the Road, which was fantastic. Great multi-generational read, with the teen protagonist managing her grandmother and her grandmother's friends on the way to a college reunion .. with a kidnapping, some theft and a lot of suspense -- who's the real bad guy and how do you know? Good, realistic twists. I loved it!
More excellent reads: Crackback, The Sixth Grade Nickname Game, and Ball Don't Lie. Very different levels and audiences, but all well written and good books, especially for boys. Can't wait to booktalk these!
I've been working on Jeanne DuPrau's Prophet of Yonwood, and it's looking good so far. Once that's done it's off and running into the Brit books ... and I have a LOT to read!

No comments: