Sunday, July 02, 2006

Mama Ball Says

Good grief. You'd think I fell down a hole or something. The last several weeks have been quite the rollercoaster ride around here. Made it through both CMS and EMS retirement parties, hung in till the end of the year (barely) and collected my shit and got the hell out of Dodge. I don't remember ever having been so worn down at the end of a year. I really felt like I'd been put through the meat grinder, and it was damned easy for me to walk out of there. The only difficult part was saying goodbye to Nic and Freya, but even that wasn't so bad because I know those friendships will last. I felt like a fifty pound wet blanket was lifted off my shoulders when I drove away. I know there is a lot to do over at EMS, but I feel like it is going to be a good challenge, and I am making plans for changes with Carm.
First off is the July book orders, which I've been adding to online. It's really nice to be able to manage that from home, and be able to hop online and add a book I've just read about to the order. Next up will be furniture rearranging and book weeding, but that's not happening until after the asbestos abatemant is finished over there (and Sherry finally abandons the space). I'm actually looking forward to that very much. Steve agreed to look at the plans for the library space and recommend changes, and tell me more about the kinds of changes I have been thinking about -- like how expensive those would likely be, how much time they would take etc.
Sadie goes back to daycare this week, and I am looking forward to having some good one-on-one time with Jake to do things with him. Steve actually agreed to have a cleaning service come and tackle the archaeological dig that is our house this coming week. Hopefully they will find our living room and kitchen somewhere in here. Kathy arrives this coming Saturday, and we leave a week from today for four days in Vegas. I still have to go do a little shopping for me, too, before we leave! Jake starts camp down at the beach the Monday after we get back, so that should be fun for him.

No comments: