Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's Thankful Time Again

We're closing in on Thanksgiving, and we will be taking the kids and escaping to Vermont to go skiing this year. FIL and wife have left for St. Martin for 2 weeks, and Hubby doesn't want to stay home. So he found us a house to rent, and we'll drive up Thursday morning (with a cooler full of stuff for turkey dinner) and come back on Sunday. The kids are looking forward to the trip, and I am too.
Things to be thankful for:
  • Hubby
  • The Boy and the Drama Queen
  • Both of us are employed.
  • Both kids are healthy and doing well in school.
  • The extended family has its variety of problems, but so far it looks like they are getting resolved.
  • Books to read.
  • Reviews to write.
  • Classes I enjoy teaching.
  • Booktalks I enjoy giving.
  • The Christmas cards are done and only have to be addressed and mailed!
  • VINO!
  • Lexapro
  • warm sweaters
  • fleece anything
  • curling up with a kid on each side watching The Wizard of Oz or The Princess Bride (or any Star Wars)
I see so much that is frightening these days, with people losing jobs and homes, and the economy cratering, and it makes me grateful every morning to get up and look at my family and see that they are all right. It's scary to think that things are more precarious than we realize -- that's what makes me appreciate what I have.

No comments: