Saturday, January 19, 2008

NFL Draft 08



I usually dismiss the whole sports draft process as a couple days of testosterone-fueled nonsense that take over our garage and mean that Hubby will completely ignore me until it's over and analyzed to death. However, this year, I am actually planning to watch the draft with all the fellas because one of my first 6th grade students is going to be drafted (probably not the first couple rounds but maybe rounds 3-5?). He's generally posted as one of the top five centers, or at least he is in all of the sports blogs I've checked lately. UM tells me that the Steelers have a need for a center and might draft him... unfortunately that will mean that I have to turn traitor on Hubby's beloved Cowboys and root for the Steelers. UM has announced that if my draftee actually goes to Pittsburgh, he's buying my first Steelers jersey with my draftee's name and number. Very sweet offer, but it may cause a few garage fights!!

No comments: