Thursday, April 06, 2006

Mama Ball Says

Today was one of those sandy britches days -- the ones where everyone and everything gets on your last nerve. Damn, and I didn't even have a hangover from dinner and seeing David Sedaris last night with Pat, Beth, Rie, Kristen and Rob. Last day of teaching my 8th grade classes was today, so now all I have to do is get grades in (and corner the last few kids who still have yet to turn in their final project). We'll see how exit project and all the other nonsense turns out last marking period.

Sadie is now all set for the Riverside branch of CDS in the fall, and I have an appointment for next Wed to go enroll Jake in Riverside Elem. so I am relieved to say the least. I felt like a fifty pound wet blanket was suddenly lifted off my shoulders when I got the email this morning that they had room for him. Things are coming together pretty well at the moment.

Mom and Daddy are coming late afternoon Easter, so that will be nice. They are staying the week and I am hoping for nice weather. I made an appointment to get pictures taken that Tuesday, so maybe we will get some of the kids and the grands together if everyone behaves. The kids officially have daycare that week, but we may just take the entire week off and play. And a good time will be had by all ...

No comments: