Sunday, October 02, 2005

Mama Ball Says

Can't believe it's October already. Everyone down south is fine, and Mom and Dad are getting ready to spend most of this month traveling -- first to Arkansas for flyfishing, then on to Texas to visit friends and family. They are supposed to go to Austin and see cousin Scharon's boys play football, so that ought to be an experience. There's no high school football like Texas high school football.

Jake and Sadie have had mild colds all week (and were nice enough to share with us, so we've all been hitting the cold meds and Kleenex). Hopefully we will get a break from that soon. Steve went into the city with Peter and Ross to go out to dinner at Sparks last night. They had a good time and met the mayor of Bridgeport there. Jake and Sadie and I were all in bed VERY EARLY!

I spent the night Friday night at school -- we had our second annual Student Government Constitution Convention and sleepover in the media center. Much less constituting this year (just amending last year's) and a lot more fun stuff! This year it was the boys who were up all night, so I got a lot less sleep, but we still had a really good time. This is my major time contribution to the group as their meetings mostly take place when I can't be there. I think this year I'll be doing more with them, though, as they've started asking if they can have their own website (of course the answer was a resounding yes from me) and they will need a lot of guidance on that part. Great group of kids!

No comments: