Sunday, September 18, 2005

Mama Ball Says

Sunday ...

Great quote from Jake yesterday. He and Steve were getting ready to drive to a birthday party in Norwalk, and he turned to Steve and said, "Do you have a erection?" To which Steve replied, "No, but I do have THE DIRECTIONS." It took everything I had not to burst out laughing.

Sadie has begun making a high pitched squealing noise today that elicits the "nails-down-the-chalkboard" reaction in most humans. I know this because she was doing it through Super Stop and Shop this morning, and I got to see a variety of people having the same experience, including one poor hungover guy whom I really felt sorry for. I'm thinking I should investigate whether or not I can record the noise and sell it to Hollywood horror/alien/slasher flick makers. I'm sure they could dream up some bloodthirsty psychotic bizarro thing that would be expected to make this sound.
Sadie has also started doing the "I Want" dance, which is her dancing up and down on her toes until she gets what she wants. Most of the time we can figure out what that is, but if not, the I Want Dance devolves quickly into the I'm Pissed Tantrum, which involves lying facefirst on the floor or driveway, screaming and crying and kicking feet. Stepping over her and ignoring this tends to work best.

I am drowning in laundry, mostly because it was just too hot and sticky to get it done yesterday. Hopefully we will all have enough clothes done by tonight to make it through the week.

The fridge crisis is over, with the old one off to the dump. The one from the old upstairs apartment is now in our kitchen, and it is a good bit smaller than the old one so I am going to have to pay attention to things and probably go to the grocery store for perishables more often. On the up side of this, I cleaned out an amazing amount of science-projectish items from the fridge and realized that I hadn't done a total cleanout in at least two years. Spill wipeups, yes, total take everything out and disinfect the whole thing, no. Yeeeeccchhhhhh. Gotta put that on my calandar every couple of months. It was beyond nasty.

No comments: